I found out today the Coin World Extra ad announcing this shop's arrival has come out a little sooner than I'd expected. So, already in the midst of working like mad to get both the catalog and website ready when I said they would be, I find myself further behind than I'm supposed to be.
So, I will be opening the website a week earlier than planned in a semi-BETA form.
Here are some things to look out for while I continue building:
- Some prices could be wrong. We haven't had time yet to double check all the data entry. If we get your order and find a price is incorrect we will first call you and if unable to reach you immediately we will follow up with an email. If we haven't been able to reach you in 24 hours we will refund that portion of your order and fill the rest. However, the vast majority of prices will likely be correct and we do not foresee this being a significant problem.
- Inventory Sellouts and "One-Offs". Currently I am simultaneously adding inventory to the website as well as building the catalog. Most of the specials will sellout and should be acted on quickly by calling with your catalog/website order or buying through the website – either works just fine! Additionally, we have a literal "building full" of inventory not currently offered for sale anywhere which will be added to the website over time.
- Bugs. Browser bugs, picture bugs, speed bugs, ordering bugs. We haven't had time to fully test everything. However, the site and the software running on it is an industry standard used by multiple thousands of business. But, until we can test it for ourselves it is worthy of mention.
Now here are some things you don't have to worry about:
- Security. All online payments are being handled through a secure system we've used for years. Your credit card information is never stored and all personal information is encrypted.
- Availability. Have a question? Give us a call. We are available (toll-free) 9:30AM to 5:00 PM EST at 1-866-761-2646. And will answer all emails at firstname.lastname@example.org within 1 business day (generally far sooner).
- Our Future. It sounds grandiose – because it is to me. I have been around this business since birth, involved in it since I was 12, and learning it full-time from my father for the past 10 years. He is finally beginning to slow his business down as I begin to really ramp this one up.
I think that covers most of it for now. In the future I'll use this area for more exciting content like neat new purchases we've made, upcoming specials, and other numismatic and business news.